Why is My Brother’s Printer in an Error State?
Many printers have trusted Brother printers. It is due to the high-quality printing and efficiency of the device, and brother printers are well-known for their many features and high-quality printing.
These printers are so skilled at printing that they can also experience technical glitches and faults. Most of the errors and defects that occur are caused by human error.
These printers will encounter many errors, and this printer will be most likely to experience an error in its brother printer.
Nothing can beat the features and quality of the brother printer when it comes to printing high-quality or clear-quality prints. Superior performance, durability, and outstanding features are reasons these printers are highly regarded.
A printer in error means that the printer cannot print. This error can be caused by paper jamming or paper clips stuck to the printer’s areas. This error can also happen if a part of the printer stops working as it should.
What is the error in my Brother’s Printer?
This article will help you identify the problem and perform the necessary workaround.
- Your BIOS could be having problems
- A virus/malware has infected your printer or computer.
- Your printer driver is corrupt
- It is not possible to plug in the cables or cords correctly.
- Your printer drivers are outdated or corrupted
- Windows System File is present on your device and can be a hindrance
- Your printer’s or computer’s ports aren’t working
How do I fix the Brother printer in an error state?
- When your printer goes into an error, first restore it. You can consult the online manuals or videos if you don’t know how to do this.
- Ensure the printing sheets are correctly placed and not stuck to the device.
- This problem can also happen if there is no internet connection or your device is slow. Check everything before you turn off the printer. After a few minutes, turn the printer on again and reconnect it.
- Unplug all USB and power cords. Once they are unplugged, follow the instructions to fix them.
- If your printer shows an “error state Brother,” uninstall the drivers and install them again. This simple trick can often resolve the problem.
- To check for bugs, you can run troubleshooting. It will identify and fix any bugs if there are.
If you still get the error message after trying all of the above, you will need to uninstall the printer software and reinstall it.
Method 1: Verify the status online or offline
If the printer is left disconnected for too long, it will go into offline mode, and the printer will not print if it is offline. Follow the steps below to turn it online.
- Click on the Windows button to open the control panel.
- Click on the “Hardware and Sound” link. Next, click on the ‘View Devices & Printers’ button.
- Next, select “Set as default” from the menu.
- Next, right-click again and click on “See what’s printed.”
- Click on the ‘Printer” button in the upper left corner of the screen.
- You will see the tick next to “Pause printing” and “Use printer offline.” You can untick these options.
- Try restarting your printer to see if the error message disappears and if it prints again.
- These steps will fix an issue where the printer has gone into an error because it is offline. If the problem persists, there are several options.
Method 2 – Reboot the Print Spooler Service
- The spooler is responsible for managing the messages sent from your computer to the printer. The spooler will then be restarted, and all print jobs will get printed. Below are the steps to perform the spooler to fix an error in your Brother printer’s printer.
- Step 1 – Type cmd into the search box.
- Step 2 Right-click and choose Run as administrator.
- Step 3 – Select Yes to Enable User Control.
- Step 4: Next, type net stop. Do not write more than one word at a time, as the net stop spooler allows you to use spaces between each word. Use the keyboard’s Enter key to enter.
- Step 5: Enter the net start spooler; after you read the message “The Print Spooler Service has been stopped successfully,” enter the net start spooler.
- Step 6 You will receive a message saying, “The Print Spooler service is now running successfully.” Close the command prompt
- Step 7 – Turn on your computer and restart the Brother printer. After your system has been turned on, print a test page.
- If the above steps fail to resolve the problem, you can try the following method.