How to Fix Canon Printer in Error State Windows 10?
In the present, printers have become an essential tool for virtually every academic and job task. As the years have passed and you’ve seen the development of printers and technological advancements that allow you to handle printing tasks with one click. It is no doubt that you require the most advanced printers to accomplish the work. There is no more professional printer than Canon because they provide the highest quality of output and provide high-quality prints of documents and images. The printing process is not the only thing that is accomplished, but you can also do scanning and faxing with one printer. In addition to delivering these excellent results, there could be a scenario in which you may encounter an issue with the Canon printer. This is called Canon printer malfunction. Those who have used a Canon printer for years know how to fix the offline problems with the canon printer. If you’re new, then it is possible that this guide can resolve the canon E470 printer or another issue with the Canon printer. Teach you how!
Reasons for Getting Canon Printer in Error State
Canon printer with error issue is quite common, and if you’re facing this problem, you can breathe a sigh of relief. Before jumping into the solutions, it’s essential to know why the error occurs, and understanding the root cause of a mistake can help you avoid the mistake later on.
The main reasons for this issue are:
- The cover of the printer is not correctly mounted
- The problem with the connection between the printer and computer
- Paper jam
- The tray is not perfect and has some issues
If any of these four reasons occur, when any of the four causes occur, the message ‘Canon Printer in error’ will show up. The error prompt is typically displayed on the Windows screen. Specific standard error codes may be a clue to this problem. These codes are :
- Error Code E02
- Error Code 5100
- Error Code 5200
- Canon printer error code 6000
- Error code B200
- Canon printer error code 6000
- Error codes relating to drivers for printers
While using the printers, if you experience any issue, it is recommended that you call support from the Canon Printer Support team for rapid resolution of the problem.
Troubleshooting steps to get Printer Out of an Error State
If you’re a Canon printer user and are experiencing the error state of your printer and you need to fix the issue as soon as possible. Similar to the various reasons behind this error many options to resolve the issue. We’ve listed some techniques for troubleshooting that can be effective in getting free of error.
Be sure to test one method at a given time and verify the printer’s operation after you have completed each step. If the issue persists, you can try another technique for fixing the error.
Resolve Printer Port Issues
You can fix the port issue for your Canon printer to eliminate the Printer Error State message. To accomplish this, it is necessary to follow the steps below.
- Begin the process by using the device manager installed on your system. To do this, click “Windows+R.” A Run box will pop up. Input “devmgmt.msc” and press “Ok”.
- Once you have done this when you do this, you will see the Device Manager Dialog box that you clicked on will appear on your monitor.
- The next step is to select “Show hidden devices.” This option will be displayed on the list and appears when you click on the “View” option.
- If you look through the hidden device choices, search to find “Ports.” Please move your mouse over it and then right-click it.
- Choose “Properties” from the extended list choices.
- It would help if you now chose “Use any interrupt assigned to the port.” In addition, enabling the plug and play legacy detection by selecting it and pressing “Ok.”
- This completes the modification of settings. To complete the process and solve the issues with the port, You must reboot your device.
Reinstall or upgrade the driver of your printer
- The first step is first to visit the Canon printer’s official website.
- Browse through the options and select the driver or the printer’s software.
- Click on the “Download” button.
- Install the file to correct the printer of Canon in an error state.
- To install the driver you would like, it is possible to open the downloaded document and follow the directions.
- Click the “Finish” “Finish” button once the procedure is complete.
- Start the printer again to enjoy the highest service for the printer.
Updating Canon Printer Drivers Manually
If the issue persists in your printer, you can proceed to upgrade the driver for your printer manually. The process could take a bit longer; however, it could be effective.
To do this, you’ll need to visit the manufacturer’s website and look for drivers that correspond to the model of your printer. After that, download the most recent edition of your driver to the personal folder on your computer.
Power resets the printer
- After turning on the printer, disconnect it from the power cables.
- Also, disconnect the other lines that are connected to the printer.
- Hold and press the printer’s press for about 15 secs.
- Connect the power cable with the printer. Make sure it is powered on if it isn’t turning on.